We treat all of our patients royally, here at Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy DDS in San Luis Obisbo CA, but some of them receive actual crowns. Not what a king or queen wears, of course, but crowns for their teeth!
Dental crowns are sometimes called caps, and they’re placed over a tooth to restore its shape and strength, and to improve its overall appearance. They are useful for a many problems. Dental crowns:
- Protect weak teeth from decay, breakage, and chipping.
- Provide cover and durability for a tooth with a large filling and little tooth structure remaining.
- Fix broken teeth or teeth that have been severely worn down.
- Improve teeth that are too small or misshapen.
- Cover a tooth with acute discoloration.
- Strengthen teeth following a root canal procedure.
There are different kinds of crowns that serve different purposes. We carry out an extensive examination to ensure the crown you get is perfect for you and your smile.
Once they are placed, crowns can last many years. They are great way to guard and enhance your smile. At Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy DDS in San Luis Obisbo CA, dental crowns are among our restorative dentistry procedures. Patients from Morro Bay, Pismo Beach, and Arroyo Gran also come to us for general dentistry and dental implants. Request an appointment today!
Contact Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):