Dental Implants in San Luis Obispo
If you have any missing teeth, it can make once simple tasks—like eating and speaking comfortably—a new difficulty to deal with every day. With implant dentistry from Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS, it’s possible to restore your full missing tooth and have a healthy, complete set of teeth again!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an effective tooth replacement option because they become a part of your natural oral structure. An implant is a metal post that is surgically attached to the jaw. It is then covered with a replacement tooth, providing the mouth with an improved appearance, greater strength, and increased comfort.
Why Should I Get A Dental Implant?
There are a number of treatment options for those with missing teeth, but dental implants are unique because they are permanent. Choosing dental implants can help you to avoid the following issues:
- Weak jaw.
- Poor tooth appearance.
- Sunken appearance in the face.
- Pain or discomfort.
Implant dentistry can help you with these issues and allow you a full, brilliant, and comfortable smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Choosing dental implants to restore your smile provides a number of benefits, including these:
- Natural-looking | Tooth implants are one of the most natural-looking dental restorations available. They fit in well with your original teeth, and the dental crown or dentures placed over an implant will be designed to match your teeth in color and shape.
- Improved Comfort | Once your dental implants are in place, you don’t have to worry about chewing around your missing teeth or worry about dentures slipping out of place. Your implants will allow you to eat and speak comfortably.
- Better Appearance | Dental implants can improve the appearance of your teeth, but they can also provide a fuller look in the face by keeping your facial structure from appearing worn or sunken.
- Improved Oral Health | Tooth implants promote great overall oral health because they protect the jawbone from deterioration and don’t require any other healthy teeth to be affected in any way.
- Built To Last | Dental implants are meant to completely replace your adult teeth. Made from titanium and completely biocompatible, dental implants can last a lifetime if properly maintained.
- Provide a Better Bite | Implant dentistry can improve or maintain your bite. This is essential in keeping key muscle groups healthy in order to avoid developing painful conditions like temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
These are only a few of the incredible benefits our team at Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS can provide through a variety of dental implants. If you are looking to improve your smile’s aesthetic, are tired of living with dental discomfort, or want to ensure you are receiving the finest in oral care, schedule a consultation.
Missing a tooth can be a painful, embarrassing experience. At Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS, we understand that, and our empathetic staff is ready to treat your mouth while keeping in mind how our treatments will affect your overall health. You can trust us to give you the treatment you need without compromising other parts of your health.
The Dental Implant Process
Improving the smile and the well-being of patients like you is the goal of Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS. This is why the beginning of the tooth implant process is thorough consultation at our comfortable dental office in San Luis Obispo, CA, where we properly assess your dental needs.
This consultation is a discussion where we listen to your expectations of the procedure, answer any questions you may have, and work together to create a treatment plan. This helps us design the perfect smile just for you.
Once we establish which implants and procedures work best, we will refer you to either an oral surgeon or periodontist for the implant integration process. Afterward, you’ll come back to our office where Dr. Amorteguy will complete your beautiful new smile by setting the crown, bridge, or dentures onto your implant.
Dental Implants To Replace Missing Teeth
Whether you are missing a single tooth due to a sports injury or multiple teeth due to age, our office can provide a solution. Each implant is designed to restore not only your smile’s natural beauty but your oral health as well!
Single Tooth Implant | As the name suggests, this is perfect for those who have lost a lone tooth. Both the abutment (which simulates the tooth’s root) and the crown (prosthetic tooth) can be placed without disturbing your natural teeth.
Multiple Tooth Implants | If you are missing multiple teeth and have healthy gums, two fixtures can be placed allowing for multiple crows to be placed which are supported by the surrounding, natural teeth.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
With the incredible quality of our tooth implants, this should be considered a long-term investment in your oral care. One that allows you to smile because you’ve taken the steps to avoid the alternative; increased risks of gum disease, additional tooth loss, and bone deterioration.
If left to their own devices the above conditions could fester and worsen, which would only cost you more money to fix. Still, implants are pricey, we’re not going to lie. One implant is cheaper than many, but if you need more, you should get more because they will give you the health and comfort you will miss if the missing tooth creates other problems.
Call Today to Learn More About Implant Dentistry
Implant dentistry can get you one step closer to an improved smile. Don’t wait! Call Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS today to learn more or to make an appointment.