Years ago, you probably never would have imagined you would be missing teeth. And now, it’s likely hard to imagine having the full smile you once had. With dental implants from Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS, it’s possible to have a healthy, complete set of teeth again.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are effective because they become a part of your natural oral structure. An implant is a metal post which is surgically attached to the jaw. It is then covered with a replacement tooth, providing the mouth with an improved appearance, greater strength, and increased comfort.
Why Should I Get a Dental Implant?
There are a number of treatment options for those with missing teeth, but dental implants are unique because they are permanent.
Choosing dental implants can help you to avoid the following issues:
- Weak jaw
- Poor tooth appearance
- Sunken appearance in the face
- Pain or discomfort
Benefits of Dental Implants
Choosing dental implants to restore your smile provides a number of benefits, including these:
- Natural Looking | Implants are one of the most natural looking dental restorations. They fit in well with your original teeth, and the dental crown placed over an implant should match your teeth in color and shape.
- Improved Comfort | Once your dental implants are in place, you don’t have to worry about working around empty spaces. Your implants will allow you to eat and speak comfortably as well.
- Better Appearance | Dental implants can improve the appearance of your teeth, but they can also provide a fuller look in the face by keeping the face from appearing worn or sunken.
- Improved Oral Health | Implants promote great overall oral health because they protect the jawbone from deterioration and don’t require any other healthy teeth to be affected in any way.
Don’t wait to get one step closer to an improved smile. Call Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy, DDS today to learn more or to make an appointment.