A dental crown is a strong, natural-looking tooth restoration that covers the top of a damaged tooth. At Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy DDS in San Luis Obisbo CA, we use dental crowns to solve a number of dental dilemmas.
Crowns can remedy the following issues:
- A broken tooth with decay
- An ill-fitting existing crown
- A decayed tooth that has lost a considerable amount of tooth structure
- A tooth that has had a root canal
- A tooth that is too small or misshapen
- A tooth that causes bite misalignment
Before we can attach the crown, we must prepare the tooth. Any decay is removed, and the tooth is shaped for the ideal fit. Then a mold is taken before a temporary crown is placed. The final, permanent crown is made in a dental lab from the mold.
At Deborah McNeil-Amorteguy DDS in San Luis Obisbo CA, dental crowns are a reliable and versatile restoration. We’ve placed them on people from Morro Bay, Pismo Beach, and Arroyo Grande, who also come to us for complete cosmetic dentistry services. Contact us today!